Crestview Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Services is a leader in the field of sub-acute care for the Community of Lancaster and Fairfield County. Over 50 years family owned & operated by the Eckert family ~ Joann, Cindy, David & Cathy oversee daily operation of the 195 health care campus. The Administration building is right off the hallway leading from the therapy gymnasium beside the beautifully decorated chapel.
In the year 2004, The Therapy gym vision was brought into reality with 9,000 square foot, adding new physical, occupational, and speech therapy treatment rooms, a specialized in house pool for warm water aquatic therapy programs, hydro/tissue therapy room, out patient therapy space and private treatment rooms. Along with this vision a new chapel has been dedicated to the spiritual needs of the Residents. A new therapy reception lobby has been added for privacy and ease of access, and a business office conference room decked out in OSU tradition, truly state-of-the art!
Imagine back in 1958, if Mary Catherine Cook-(Founder) who provided care for 26 people, could find out that her daughter soon would welcome the building of a home with the capabilities to take care of 100 people. Then along with the help of her granddaughter's husband to double that care! Now, the great grandchildren focus their mutual passion that delivers the quality of care and life of a health care campus that responds to the needs of people. Crestview Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Services is on Facebook with scheduled events, checkout our activity page.
- 1958 - Crestview is established as a 26 bed Nursing Home by Mary Catherine Crook.
- 1960 - Mary Catherine’s daughter, Helen L. Sheridan, took over owner/operator responsibilities.
- 1974 - Winfield Eckert joins as owner and administrator overseeing construction of a new 101 bed Medicare/Medicaid approved facility, currently known as the Sheridan Wing.
- 1977 - Crestview Home #2 is constructed adding another 101 skilled beds, currently known as the Eckert Wing.
- 1985 - Helen Sheridan retires. Helen’s daughter and son-in-law, JoAnn and Winfield Eckert, become sole owners.
- 1990 - An addition was added to the administration office and the Eckert’s children, Cindy Eckert-Rutherford, David Eckert and Cathy Eckert-Kuhnash oversee operations of the 202 bed campus.
- 2003 - Crestview is awarded Fairfield County Outstanding Business of the Year!
- 2004 - A 9,000 square foot addition is completed housing a new physical and occupational therapy gymnasium, aquatic therapy pool, hydro/tissue therapy room, private treatment rooms, a chapel, a conference meeting room and a new reception area.
- 2007 - Outpatient Therapy (OP) is provided offering clients a continuum of care once discharged for a short-term therapy stay.
- 2008 - Locally owned and operated; the Eckert family celebrates their 50 Year Anniversary!
- 2009 - Scores #1 in Fairfield County with the Resident Satisfaction Survey conducted by Ohio Department of Aging (Score: 92.66% out of 100%) (website address: www.ltcohio.org)
- 2010 - 195 beds with a total of 9 private rooms, 8 newly remodeled Nurses’ Station, and New Information Centers in the Sheridan Wing and Eckert Wing with 'Living Waters' fountains.
- 2011 - Scores #1 in city of Lancaster with Resident Satisfaction Survey conducted by Ohio Department of Aging. (website address: www.ltcohio.org)
- 2012 - Ranked 6 in the list ‘ Nursing Centers’ with Columbus Business First
People who care about caring for people.